The Cruising Yacht Club of Australia has proposed a new schedule for the 2021/22 series.
Following the NSW Government's announcement that community sport will be able to resume once NSW reaches its 80 per cent double vaccination target, the CYCA intends to commence the Summer Calendar as soon as this milestone is reached.
As such, it is the Club's intention to hold Race 1 of the Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore as the Flinders Islet Race on Saturday November 6, with the race starting at 1000hrs.
The revised Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore would then be as follows, with all dates subject to change:
- Saturday 6 November: Race 1 - Flinders Islet Race (1000hrs start)
- Saturday 13 November: Race 2 - Bird Island Race (1000hrs start)
- Friday 3 December: Race 3 - Cabbage Tree Island Race (1900hrs start)
- Sunday 26 December: Race 4 - Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race (1300hrs start)
Additionally, Australian Sailing has issued an amendment to the Special Regulations regarding charts:
- The Special Regulations can be found on the Australian Sailing website (Refer SR 4.10)
- Amendment 1 to the Summer Program, noting this change, in the Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore Sailing Instructions can be found on the CYCA website.
Please feel free to contact the Sailing Office on (02) 8292 7804 or via email should you have any questions.